At Concordia, we are working hard to protect our children, families, and staff by following all local public health guidelines.
Below are some highlights of our enhanced health and safety protocols. To read Concordia’s response to COVID-19 in greater detail, please consult our parent manual addendum.
• Our teachers assess children’s general well-being when they arrive and throughout the day, monitoring for signs of illness.
• In the current stage of the pandemic, health experts allow for mask choice in childcare centers. Our centers are currently considering mask-optional policies.
• Concordia staff model, teach, and reinforce hand washing and healthy hygiene as is age appropriate.
• Children continue to learn from teachers’ planned activities and curriculum; social distancing is maintained as much as possible.
• Concordia performs nightly cleaning of each center.
• Our janitorial crews clean and sanitize a variety of high-touch surfaces and equipment.
• Teachers have additional cleaning and sanitizing responsibilities at the beginning and end of each day, while regularly sanitizing high-touch surfaces throughout the day.
• At this time, in-person communication at pick-up and drop-off is limited.
• Our Tadpoles app offers a convenient way for parents and teachers to communicate throughout the day.
While the COVID-19 vaccine is not mandated by our regulators at this time, the vast majority of Concordia teachers and employees have voluntarily chosen to be vaccinated. Concordia Place requires proof of vaccination status, and any team member that is not vaccinated must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test each week before they are allowed to report to work.
COVID-19 vaccination is now available for all children over 6 months old. While Concordia does not require COVID vaccination for enrolled children, we strongly encourage it. Not only does vaccination protect your child from serious outcomes, but being up-to-date on vaccination also means that your child does not have to quarantine after exposure to COVID or travel to countries deemed “high risk” by the U.S.
The Chicago Department of Public Health has provided helpful information to learn more and locate vaccination sites.
Starting a new preschool during COVID times was nerve wracking for sure, but Concordia has plenty of excellent policies in place to make a safe and healthy environment.Leah on Yelp
Entrusting your child to our care is a decision made easier by the security and safety built into every facet of Concordia. Our centers were designed with your child’s changing needs in mind; alongside health, safety, and security measures to put your mind at ease.
Use the form below to shoot us a message or question.
Or, click here to schedule a phone call or virtual tour with a member of our team.
We look forward to getting to know you!
As a learning organization, Concordia Place is committed to continued improvement. We have learned that distinguishing between the Concordia Place and Concordia Day brands was not necessary.
Starting May 1, all visitors to concordiaday.org will be redirected to day.concordiaplace.org
By unifying around the sole use of the Concordia Place brand, we will provide clarity and focus on our mission to serve families and provide both care and education for their children.